Apave United Kingdom
Claremont House 2 Kelvin cl, Birchwood, Warrington WA3 7PB
PARC (Product Assessment & Reliability Centre)
Phone: +44(0)1237 421363
Approved Body Number of PARC : 8509
- For certification enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For complaints and appeals please email email@example.com
- For more information
Lloyd's Register Apave Limited
Focused on nuclear safety, integrity and performance
Our 5 professions are complementary and allow you to combine safety and performance at all stages of your projects.
We check the reliability of your installations, equipment, structures, infrastructure and buildings to keep them in compliance when they are commissioned and during operation.
Tests and Measurements
We carry out all types of tests using simulators that reproduce real constraints. We also carry out air, water and soil measurements to monitor quality and better manage your risks.
Certification and Labels
We certify your management systems, skills, products or services. We also define labels that comply with a strict reference system.
We are the leader in risk management and safety training. Our unique model of trainer-inspectors enables us to train 350,000 people each year, with a certificate, a diploma and a passport for their professional career.
Technical Advice and Support
We help you to improve the safety and health of your teams by reducing industrial accidents and the risk of incidents.
Check facilities and equipment
In a rapidly developing world, goods, equipment and infrastructure are increasingly regulated. It is essential to check that they comply with current standards, to guarantee quality and safety. Limiting environmental, technical and human risks is essential to guaranteeing the performance of companies, customers and users, which is why Apave is the partner of choice for regulatory and non-regulatory inspections.
Using new technologies safely
- Ensuring the safety of robots, collaborative robotic applications and autonomous vehicles.
- Checking equipment that emits non-ionising radiation: lasers, ultraviolet devices, artificial optical radiation, electromagnetic fields.
- Inspect electrical installations: fixed or temporary installations, in the workplace or when teleworking.
- Inspecting pressure equipment: generators, tanks, piping, autoclaves.
- Inspection / certification of equipment for IECEx / ATEX hazardous areas
- Checking lifting devices and mechanical equipment.
- Certification Authority (CA) / Certification Verification Authority (CVA) for offshore: fixed platforms and pipelines
- Checking the radiation protection of X-ray equipment.
- Check the correct assembly and safety of scaffolding.
- Periodically check dangerous machinery.
- Checking lightning protection installations.
- Checking the transport of dangerous goods.
Safe construction and renovation
- Carry out technical building inspections.
- Ensure safety on building sites.
- Monitor and carry out detailed inspections of engineering structures.
- Environmental regulations
- Carrying out public safety and security studies
- BIM (Building Information Modeling)
- Project management assistance
- Checking heating and air conditioning systems
- Fire risk prevention
- Energy performance diagnostics
- Non-destructive testing (Phased Array ultrasound, Floorscan MFL, ACFM, TOFD, etc.)
- Inspection of new equipment
- Project inspection and certification
- Regulatory technical inspection
- Technical due diligence
- ASME inspection services (including nuclear)
- Integrity assessment of civil and metal building structures (advanced and conventional NDT)
- Assessments (ICDA/ECDA) for Pipelines (onshore and offshore)
- Site supervision support
Checking the quality and design of equipment and materials
- Checking the correct installation of communication networks: fibre optics and mobile telephony.
- Checking the design of nuclear pressure equipment.
- Checking the quality of welding operations.
- Carry out mechanical and destructive tests to validate a manufacturing process.
- Pressure equipment certification (ASME, PED, MOM, MHLW, DOSH, etc.).
- Welding inspections: EN 10203 Type 3.2 (steel products)
- Remote inspection
- Underwater equipment inspections
- Inspection of lifting equipment (cranes, forklift trucks, etc.)
- Certification and verification of the technical design of structures and buildings
- Inspection of scaffolding
- Inspection and certification of earthmoving equipment and other excavating machinery
- Factory acceptance tests (FAT)
- BCA BC1 for steelworks (structural steel; steel sheet/tube/plate)
Checking installations open to the public
- Check the electrical installations of outdoor lighting: road traffic lights, public lighting, sports stadium lighting.
- Inspect automatic and semi-automatic doors and gates.
- Inspect sports equipment and children's play areas.
- Checking fire-fighting systems: alarms, emergency equipment, fire safety systems, sprinklers, etc.
- Check fuel gas installations.
- Detect the presence of radon in buildings.
- Check lifts, goods lifts, escalators, moving walkways, etc.
Maintaining a healthy environment
- Check heating installations: boilers and air conditioning systems.
- Inspect underground pipes to identify critical points.
- Check the cathodic protection of oil and gas pipelines.
Build, operate and renovate in complete safety
Today's companies face increasingly complex and evolving health and safety challenges. To meet these challenges, it is essential to develop a culture of risk prevention within the company.
At Apave, we are convinced that taking health and safety at work into account is a performance driver for companies. Reducing the number of work-related accidents and illnesses has a direct impact on absenteeism.
Apave works with you to ensure the safety, quality and reliability of your projects, through risk analyses and audits, FEED engineering, asset integrity management, and much more, to integrate the health and safety dimension as a corporate value.
Controlling your environmental impact
- Reducing energy consumption, carbon footprints and natural resources: energy management, audits and inspections of facilities classified for environmental protection, greenhouse gas emission assessments, carbon footprints, energy efficiency, etc.
- Reducing environmental impact and responding to societal demands: biodiversity protection, circular economy, contaminated site and soil diagnostics, environmental management, CSR, etc.
Improving public and worker health and safety
- Developing your health and safety culture: diagnostics, operational support, training, health and safety leadership.
- Improve the performance of your risk management tools: outside contractors, transport of dangerous goods (TDG), all-fluid consignment, ATEX, fire, etc.
- Implementing effective, operational management systems: MASE, ISO 45001, worksite risk management for new construction or process work, etc.
Controlling and improving the performance of people and the organisation
- Consultancy in people and business management, governance and change management.
- Skills development and workplace performance.
- Performance and resilience of organisations and processes, management systems.
- Problem-solving, progress projects and continuous improvement, via prevention plans.
- Management of external contractors: diagnostics, support, field monitoring, training, creation of tools, site management, etc.
Ensuring the performance, safety and sustainability of your processes, equipment, utilities and facilities
- Multi-directive compliance.
- Assessment of occupational risks and QHSSE risks.
- Loss of operation or asset value.
- Project management assistance for successful industrial projects (from needs analysis to performance acceptance).
- Reliability, safety and availability (operating safety - FMDS - TPM - supervision).
- Technical health check, life cycle extension, full cost management.
- Improving yields and production costs.
- Improving maintenance performance.
Managing the integrity of your assets
- HAZID, HAZOP, FMEA, QRA, BRA, CA and F&G mapping expertise
- Verification of technical design
- Safety studies and audits
- Process risk analysis
- Fatigue analysis and life extension studies for offshore structures
- FEED engineering
- Project quality management
- Supplier evaluation and audit / Supplier quality assurance
- Reliability Centred Maintenance - Reliability Engineering - Maintenance Programme Optimisation Studies - Maintenance Strategy Development
- Risk Based Inspection (RBI)
Providing you with tailored advice
- Design assessment
- Advice and auditing for ISO certification
- Owner representation
Providing you with qualified technical personnel
Provision of qualified technical inspectors (welding, coating, QA/QC, API, E&I, civil, materials inspectors, etc.).
Train your team
Our expert trainers can help you improve your teams' skills. At Apave, we specialise in technical health and safety training. We offer a wide range of training courses to meet your skills development needs. We offer ASME training, as well as safety and management systems training. Find out about all our available training courses, and which ones are right for your industry:
- ASME training
- Training in the use of site machinery and equipment (crane, forklift, manlift, telehandler, scissor lift, drilling rig, boom hoist, cherry picker, site hoist, excavator, wheel loader, backhoe loader, skid steer loader, grader, bulldozer, road roller)
- Training scaffolders for different types of towers (permanent, mobile, tubes and fittings, ready-to-use towers, aluminium towers)
- Explosive atmospheres (ATEX)
- Building and civil engineering
- Electromagnetic compatibility
- Energy and energy transition
- Environment, quality and industrial risks
- Equipment under pressure (ESP)
- Electric mobility
- Production Industrial Maintenance
- Radiation protection PCR
- Digital risks, security and malicious acts
- Occupational health and safety
- Welding Non-destructive testing (NDT)
- Transport of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
- Working at height
Testing and qualifying your equipment
Conformity assessment and CE and UKCA marking of products and equipment
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Gas appliances
- Pressure equipment
- Lifting equipment
Industrial testing and materials characterisation
- Conformity and assessment of Electrical Products within the framework of CB certification for international use
- Qualification of welding materials and procedures
- Climatic testing
- Mechanical and metallographic testing, etc.
- EMC testing
- Hydraulic testing
- Calibration control
- Destructive testing / non-destructive testing
- Chemical analysis of materials
- Strength calculations